Petra van de Kop
6 oktober 2021
Er is nog plaats voor 8 deelnemers.
When cooperation in a team or organization stagnates and problems keep emerging, we often tend to focus on the people and the relations between them. However, in these stagnating situations the cause is often not between people but rooted in the system. In this Online International Training Systemic Consulting you will experientially learn how to shift your focus to the system and understand the logic of recurring dynamics in teams in organizations from a systemic perspective.
The Online International Training Systemic Consulting helps every professional who offers advice and guidance to organizations, teams, departments, project teams and networks. In 8 training days, additional assignments, and online practice groups you will learn to contribute to vitality and flow in teams by integrating the systemic lens in your consulting or team coaching practice. This is training is meant for consultants, interim managers, advisors, and team coaches.
After completing this training, you are able to
- Look at organizations and networks through a systemic lens and understand the basic needs of teams and organizational systems
- Recognize common energy leaks, patterns and dynamics in teams, organizations, and networks
- Use your senses (systemic perception and awareness) as an instrument to perceive signals from the system
- Work from the basic systemic attitude: aware of your own place and judgments; listen with partial bias and understand the art of (not) helping.
- Explore a question or assignment systemically and make a clear contract with your client
- Deepen your conversation techniques and apply tools such as visual mapping
- Translate systemic knowledge and insights into exploratory questions and interventions
The international online training Systemic Consulting consists of 8 online days spread over 4 modules. You will practice at least one daypart between each module with your intervision/practice group. After each module you will work on a practical assignment in your daily work context and share your reflection with the trainer. You will receive feedforward on your practical assignments.
Module 1: Vital Systems
- Welcome and getting to know each other
- Basic needs of living systems, what makes a vital team?
- Belonging to multiple systems
- The three pillars of systemic consulting
- Systemic perception
- Intervention levels and advisory positions
- Interventions: origin, history, reason to exist, belonging and order in teams
Module 2: A different perspective on problems and solutions
- Place hassle in teams
- Leading principles
- Unraveling systems: departure and welcome
- Systemic miracle questions
- Systemic intake: from assignment to question
- Contracting the question and your advisory position
Module 3: The advisor: being the instrument
- The art of (not) helping
- Personal patterns
- Deepening systemic observation: multi-sided biased
- Deep dive it common organizational themes
- Systemic questions
- Online mapping tools
Module 4: Systemic consulting in advisory relationship
- Systemic consultations with guests
- Systemic look on phases of team development and position of the leader
- Polarities in teams
- Personal integration
- Closure and certification
You will receive the e-book ‘Systemic Consulting’ written by Siebke Kaat and Anton de Kroon.
No previous systemic training is required.
This training is aimed at anyone who offers advice or coaching to organizations, teams, departments, project teams and networks and are ready to expand their advice and intervention options.
Because of the international character of this training, we will only allow 2 Dutch participants to this training. For the Dutch: Please inform at our office if there is still place available.
Dates & time:
Module 1 6 and 7 oct 2021 : 2-9 pm CEST
Module 2 10 and 11 nov 2021: 9am - 2pm CET
Module 3 8 and 9 dec 2021: 2-9pm CET
Module 4 19 and 20 jan 2021: 9am - 2pm CET
Unfortunately it is not possible to use working times that are suitable for all participants from over the whole world.The working hours for modules 1 and 3 are geared to North and South America, for modules 2 and 4 to Asia and Australia.